For checking tds refund status one can refer to many official websites present online. Nsdl website helps to check tds refund status in nsdl as well. These sites can be used as a medium to lodge complaints if tds refund is not received at a proper time.
Procedures To Check Refund Status Of TDS :
- For checking the tds refund status by income tax, taxpayers can contact the income tax ombudsman or additional commissioner in charge
- For checking the refund status of tds a person can log in to https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/oltas/refundstatuslogin.html.
- In case of a problem in tds refund status, they can contact the refund banker or the assessing officer of the State Bank of India.
- This facility is not applicable for trusts and companies.
- For faster processing, many details must be enclosed in tax return form, like details of bank account, MICR code and the branch as well.
- Before checking tds refund status by income tax, tax return status must be checked and it should be made sure that the tax return has been accepted by IRS.
NSLDL website can be used for checking tds refund status in NSDL. This website is very useful in getting the status of tds. The status of refund will be given to the taxpayers 10 days after the assessing officer sends their refund.